A Nigerian father, Malam Tukur, has told how kidnappers killed his 32-year-old son, Abdulmalik Tukur, after collecting a ransom of 500,000 naira.
The young man was kidnapped from his family house in the Vinkilang community in Yola, Adamawa state capital, along with six others on Monday, August 1.
The other five were released after their families paid a ransom of 400,000 naira each for them. However, Malam Tukur said the kidnappers were demanding 50 million naira to secure his son’s release.
After three days of negotiations, they finally settled on 500,000 naira and his family sent a representative to take the said amount to a location in the bush.
When the money was delivered around 7 pm on Thursday, the kidnappers made the victim and the representative counted the money to make sure it was complete.
“After they helped them count the notes, they released Tukur to return home. As he started walking to freedom, they shot him without any explanation,” his father told Daily Trust.
The bereaved father said his son’s murder has shocked him and the rest of his family but that they left the matter to God.
Abdulmalik, a graduate of Btech Biotechnology in Futy (now Modibbo Adama University), was mourned by friends and family on social media.
A former classmate, Chinenye Sylvester, described him as a fun-loving, intelligent, and cheerful young man.
Another friend wrote,
“One of the best students in my class. Full of big dreams and is a friend to everyone that crosses his path. This is heartbreaking.”
“Malik is a young man full of dreams, his family struggled to give him good education by attending the best schools in town despite their economic background. Unfortunately, they didn’t reap what they sow. But then as people of faith that’s the will of God.”
How To Start A Successful Online Business
There is a proven sequence of steps you can take to ensure your success in starting a small business online. I’ve seen thousands of people create and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find and fill in a need.
- Write a copy that sells.
- Design and build a user-friendly website.
- Make use of the search engines to drive traffic to your website.
- Build a reputation for being an expert.
- Follow your customers and email subscribers.
- Grow your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Everyone from the novice to the seasoned online entrepreneur can benefit from this process to learn how to start an online business.
Step 1: Start A Business That Fill In A Need
Most people who are just starting out make the mistake of researching a product first, then a market.
To increase your chances of success, start with a market. The scheme is to look out for a group of people for a solution to a problem but not find any results. Social media makes this type of market research easier:
- Visit online forums to see what questions people are asking and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Do keyword research to find keywords that a lot of people are looking for but that don’t compete with other websites.
- Find out about your potential competitors by visiting their websites and making notes of what they are doing to meet the demand. Then you can apply what you have learned and create a product for an existing market – better than the competition.
Step 2: Make A Copy That Sells
There is a proven copy-for-sale formula that guides visitors through the sales process from arrival to purchase:
- Generate interest with a compelling headline.
- Describe the problem your product solves.
- Establish your credibility as a problem solver.
- You have to add testimonials from people who have used your product.
- Talk about the product and its benefits for the user.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask about the sale.
Throughout your text, you need to focus on how your product or service is capable of solving people’s problems or improving their lives. Then you think like a customer and ask “What’s in this for me?”
Step 3: Design And Build Your Website
Once you have your market and product and define your sales process, you are now ready to start designing your small business website. Remember to keep it simple. You have less than five seconds to grab someone’s attention – otherwise, they’re gone and never to be seen again. See some important tips to keep in mind HERE