Nigeria Bar Association First Vice President, John Aikpokpo-Martins, has dismissed claims that disqualified BBNaija season 7 housemate, Beauty Turkura, is a lawyer.
According to John Aikpokpo-Martins, the former beauty queen’s name is not on the list of Legal Practitioners in the Supreme Court and the Nigerian Bar Association.
This is coming after Beauty Tukura, a former housemate on the show and an acclaimed lawyer, was disqualified from the reality TV show for violating the show’s rules of engagement. (Watch Here)
His full statement reads:
“RE: BEAUTY TAKURA, LAWYER AND FORMER MISS NIGERIA DISQUALIFIED FROM BBNAIJA SEASON 7.
“My attention and I guess of a large number of lawyers in Nigeria have been drawn to news reports that one Beauty Tukura, who is claimed and/or claims to be a lawyer participated and also got ignominiously disqualified from the on-going Big Brother Naija reality show “for throwing her wig and glasses at” a co-participant in the show after a party.
“These reports have been very embarrassing to most members of the legal profession and may in all reasonable probability bring the profession into disrepute if found to be true. A quick check of the databases of the Roll of Legal Practitioners kept in the Supreme Court and the Nigerian Bar Association failed to reveal the name “Beauty Tukura” to be on the Supreme Court Roll or to be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
“However, I hereby appeal to anyone who may be aware of her true name assuming we may have gotten her real name wrong to reach out to me.
How To Start A Successful Online Business
There is a proven sequence of steps you can take to ensure your success in starting a small business online. I’ve seen thousands of people create and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find and fill in a need.
- Write a copy that sells.
- Design and build a user-friendly website.
- Make use of the search engines to drive traffic to your website.
- Build a reputation for being an expert.
- Follow your customers and email subscribers.
- Grow your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Everyone from the novice to the seasoned online entrepreneur can benefit from this process to learn how to start an online business.
Step 1: Start A Business That Fill In A Need
Most people who are just starting out make the mistake of researching a product first, then a market.
To increase your chances of success, start with a market. The scheme is to look out for a group of people for a solution to a problem but not find any results. Social media makes this type of market research easier:
- Visit online forums to see what questions people are asking and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Do keyword research to find keywords that a lot of people are looking for but that don’t compete with other websites.
- Find out about your potential competitors by visiting their websites and making notes of what they are doing to meet the demand. Then you can apply what you have learned and create a product for an existing market – better than the competition.
Step 2: Make A Copy That Sells
There is a proven copy-for-sale formula that guides visitors through the sales process from arrival to purchase:
- Generate interest with a compelling headline.
- Describe the problem your product solves.
- Establish your credibility as a problem solver.
- You have to add testimonials from people who have used your product.
- Talk about the product and its benefits for the user.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask about the sale.
Throughout your text, you need to focus on how your product or service is capable of solving people’s problems or improving their lives. Then you think like a customer and ask “What’s in this for me?”
Step 3: Design And Build Your Website
Once you have your market and product and define your sales process, you are now ready to start designing your small business website. Remember to keep it simple. You have less than five seconds to grab someone’s attention – otherwise, they’re gone and never to be seen again. See some important tips to keep in mind HERE