Popular veteran actor, Patrick Doyle, has shared the real reason his colleague, Joke Silva, has been taking good care of her sick husband, Olu Jacobs.
This is coming after the iconic veteran actress was showered with praises for staying faithful to her 80-year-old husband who is down with Dementia with Lewy Body.
Social media users also credited her devotion and love for Olu Jacob to his fidelity and loyalty to her at his peak.
They then used the celebrity couple’s marriage as an example to men who abuse their wives and still expect them to treat them well when they are old and ill.
In response, actor Patrick Doyle took to his Facebook page to challenge claims that Joke Silva is only returning the love and attention she received from her husband when everything was fine.
According to him, Joke Silva is faithful to her husband because she’s old school and belongs to the category of women who support their husbands because it’s the right thing to do.
Read his full post below,
“All those women hinging Joke Silva’s devotion to her ailing elderly husband on his devotion and care towards her in the early stages of the marriage have simply got it wrong. According to them “not so faithful and devoted husbands” should not expect the same kind of treatment in the twilight of their lives, they even go as far as telling such men to expect torment from their wives in old age. In their little minds, they have concluded that Joke Silva shares this flawed philosophy of theirs.
The Joke that I know would have still treated Uncle Olu with the same measure of love and devotion even if he were a philanderer and wife beater, which thankfully he was not. She would never have taken advantage of his vulnerability to torture him because it’s simply not in her DNA to do so. She belongs to the old school where dignity and honor count and doing the right thing is not contingent upon reciprocity.
Salt may mimick sugar in appearance, but there is a difference. Let it be known that Joke Silva the wife of Oludotun Jacobs and mother of Soji is not a member of the “Egbe’ Kini O’ko’ Ose’ Club”.(Wetin Husband Fit Do Sef) . Joke Omoluabi, on behalf of all men perfect and flawed I say a big thank you.”
How To Start A Successful Online Business
There is a proven sequence of steps you can take to ensure your success in starting a small business online. I’ve seen thousands of people create and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find and fill in a need.
- Write a copy that sells.
- Design and build a user-friendly website.
- Make use of the search engines to drive traffic to your website.
- Build a reputation for being an expert.
- Follow your customers and email subscribers.
- Grow your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Everyone from the novice to the seasoned online entrepreneur can benefit from this process to learn how to start an online business.
Step 1: Start A Business That Fill In A Need
Most people who are just starting out make the mistake of researching a product first, then a market.
To increase your chances of success, start with a market. The scheme is to look out for a group of people for a solution to a problem but not find any results. Social media makes this type of market research easier:
- Visit online forums to see what questions people are asking and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Do keyword research to find keywords that a lot of people are looking for but that don’t compete with other websites.
- Find out about your potential competitors by visiting their websites and making notes of what they are doing to meet the demand. Then you can apply what you have learned and create a product for an existing market – better than the competition.
Step 2: Make A Copy That Sells
There is a proven copy-for-sale formula that guides visitors through the sales process from arrival to purchase:
- Generate interest with a compelling headline.
- Describe the problem your product solves.
- Establish your credibility as a problem solver.
- You have to add testimonials from people who have used your product.
- Talk about the product and its benefits for the user.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask about the sale.
Throughout your text, you need to focus on how your product or service is capable of solving people’s problems or improving their lives. Then you think like a customer and ask “What’s in this for me?”
Step 3: Design And Build Your Website
Once you have your market and product and define your sales process, you are now ready to start designing your small business website. Remember to keep it simple. You have less than five seconds to grab someone’s attention – otherwise, they’re gone and never to be seen again. See some important tips to keep in mind HERE