Ongoing MasterCard Foundation Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation is glad to announce its MasterCard scholarships 2021. This is a fully-funded scholarship. Annually, the foundation gives talented African students the opportunity to finance their academic dream.
This scholarship is divided into three categories:
- MasterCard secondary education scholarship
- MasterCard undergraduate scholarships
- MasterCard Masters scholarship
Using education as a tool for socio-economic change and transforming the African youth into the leaders they were meant to be, the MasterCard scholarships focus on academically qualified but economically disadvantage Africans, who have the passion and tenacity to make their life better.
With that in mind, the program provides financial, social, and academic support to their MasterCard scholars. The financial supports covers the tuition fees, accommodation, books, and other resource materials.
The scholarship program provides mentorship, counseling, academic support, and access to work readiness skills.
What you need to Know about MasterCard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation is a non-governmental international organization founded by MasterCard in 2006. This foundation focuses primarily on employability, education, and agriculture.
The MasterCard Foundation’s mission is to advance education and financial inclusion in developing countries. It seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper.
The young Africa works initiative expresses the foundation of optimism for the future of Africa. MasterCard foundation believes that securing employment for the teaming African youths is the pathway out of poverty.
This focuses on extensive consultation of the young African blood together with private sectors, African leaders in different government positions, educational institutions, and civil society to work together in reducing the rate of poverty in the region
What You Need To Know MasterCard Scholarships
Over $500 million have been spent on education by the MasterCard Foundation. There are over 15000 MasterCard scholars from the secondary, undergraduate, and master’s degree level, who are focus on giving back to the communities and contributing to the social development and economic improvement in their countries of origin.
Study Level: The scholarship is open to different levels of study i.e. secondary, undergraduate, and master’s levels.
Host Country: This MasterCard scholarship can be taken in the USA, CANADA, GERMANY, and other parts of the world.
Student Country Eligibility: The MasterCard foundation scholarship is open to international students like the MasterCard scholarship for Kenyans, MasterCard scholarship for Nigerians, MasterCard scholarship Canada and many others.
MasterCard scholarship worth:
- The scholarship program provides an avenue for financially disadvantaged, but highly intelligent students to pursue their academic goals.
- Highly sought-after skillsets can be acquired in this program, in areas such as IT and Communications, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Critical thinking.
- With this program, beneficiaries are able to give back to society through works of charity, community services, and volunteer jobs.
- The program affords graduates and undergraduates alike to interact, network, and consult on various forums, seminars, and workshops to help each other realize their individual aspirations.
- The program offers the beneficiaries ample opportunity to interact with mentors, life coaches, and leadership experts.
- Scholars achieve a smooth transition from secondary to tertiary institutions
Who is Eligible for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2021
- For individuals applying for the undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree, they must be 29 years old or under at the period of their application.
- For individuals applying for the graduate (Master’s) degree, they must be 35 years old or under at the period of their application.
- Again, each Institution has its own eligibility criteria. You are advised to look up the Institution at which you wish to apply and check out their own criteria.
- While there is no limit to the number of institutions one can apply to, the application process itself can be tasking.
- It is important you take the recommended tests a few months before starting your application process. These tests can be SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS according to the institution’s requirements.
- Some Institutions may request a reference letter. A community leader, teacher, Religious leader you know can help in this regard.
MasterCard Scholarship Application-complete guide
The scholarship expects the highest standard from its scholars- Great leadership qualities, high academic standards, and a zest to make their communities better.
Thus, to be a MasterCard scholar, you must prove that you are sound academically, you are move by the passion to make your community better not forgetting to demonstrate great leadership qualities.
The MasterCard application process is entirely handled by the foundation partner institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Hence, Applying for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada, the USA, Kenya, France, South Africa or any other place is so simple.
The Question is Are you eligible for the Scholarship? Most applicants just apply without carefully studying the Eligibility Criteria for each and every Scholarship they intend to apply for.
If you have carefully studied the process, Make sure you have every required document in place.
Apply at least one month before the Application Deadline. This will give your application an edge to be successful because it came on time.
7 Proven steps to Apply and Win MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Being a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, you stand a chance of changing the perception of your community through the empowerment and the opportunities available to you via the instrumentation of a network of young people with the like mind of changing the course of Africa.
Just follow through with all your inquiries and application details through the Institution of your choice
Having said all of the above, let’s now go to the 7 ways to win this scholarship
#1. Carry out your research about the scholarship and eligibility
The research work to be carried out as part of the application for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship is the real deal. I mean it can go as far as providing you with all the necessary information about the scholarship program.
This may mean that you can get specific and up-to-date information on scholarships on the scholarship holder’s website, ranging from available scholarships to eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other instructions.
#2. Select partner institutions and program to apply
Knowing that the MasterCard foundation scholarship is handled by their partner institutions and NGOs, you should select the institution that best suits you. Not minding that there are no limits to the number of institutions you can apply to the stress of submitting a good application is high.
#3. Prepare necessary documents to submit
All MasterCard partner university has their different application documents that is required during the MasterCard scholarship Application. You should know that if you fail to submit your documents in time, your application will be considered incomplete and you will be disqualified.
So, if you have chosen your partner university the next thing you should do is checking out their required documents for the application.
#4. Take all the required test on time before you apply (If applicable)
Now, if you are serious about the MasterCard scholarship application, this aspect is very important.
MasterCard foundation partner institutions usually ask for proficiency test results as part of their requirements. So it is advised that the applicant must take these tests and have the results ready before applying for the scholarship.
For some partner universities, test like SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS are their standard criteria for its international students.
Even at that, there are some of the universities that do not require these tests in their applications.
#5. Ask for references
Another important step in your MasterCard scholarship application is having someone who can stand in as your referee. It could be a mentor, a teacher, an employer, or a community leader but definitely, it should be someone who knows you well.
In most cases, the university will require the applicant to submit the recommendation online, which means he/she has to follow up with the referee about the online submission.
This step by the university is to confirm that their prospective students are people of good repute, good character and will make a great ambassador.
#6. Apply on time
You know the saying make hay while the sun shines. If you have put together all you application documents and you are sure that your referees are aware of your application then you need not to waste any time waiting. Head on and apply for the scholarship on time, don’t wait for the deadline.
#7. Be enthusiastic
This is my last words, be enthusiastic. No matter what be expectant. This mental energy is what you need to stay positive through the application process.
MasterCard Application Deadline
You must apply through the University of your choice. This may involve submitting other information, but it is best to check with individual schools for details and deadlines.
Full List of MasterCard Foundation Scholarships.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program has partner Universities and Institutions.
MasterCard Secondary Education scholarship
- Camfed International – The Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED), is an international non-profit organization working to tackle the scourge of poverty and the huge disparity in girl-child education in Africa.
- Equity Group Foundation – Equity Group Foundation seeks to champion the social and economic transformation of the African youth.
MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarship
- African Leadership Academy – An Institution that seeks to transform the present crop of youths into leaders that will impact the continent in all ramifications.
- The American University of Beirut – MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program partners with this Institution’s Faculty of Health Sciences to transform young people into change agents in their various communities and countries.
- Ashesi University College – With this program, the MasterCard Foundation program seeks to lift young Africans from disadvantaged communities into leaders with the right mind-sets.
- Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology (KNUST) – Advancing technology in Africa.
- Science Po – Situated in Paris, France, it ranks high in science and humanities research.
- The University of Abomey-Calavi – The oldest and largest public University in Benin. It has turned out elite scholars of Beninese origin.
- The University of Cape Town – It uses the MasterCard Scholarship program to churn out leaders who provide innovations in all spheres.
- University of Edinburgh – Its vision is to ensure knowledge is created, disseminated, and properly administered.
- University of Gondar
- University of Pretoria
- Wellesley College
MasterCard Masters Scholarship
- African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- The American University of Beirut.
- Arizona State University.
- The Carnegie Mellon University of Africa.
- McGill University.
- Sciences Po.
- The University of British Columbia.
- The University of Cape Town.
- The University of Edinburgh.
- The University of Gondar.
- The University of Pretoria.
MasterCard Application portal: This gives you a list of all the scholarships offered by MasterCard.
SAD! RCCG Pastor Assassinated During A Church Service In Lagos
“I Am Not A Fraudster And Not In Anyway Associated With Fraudsters” – Mompha Denies Reports That EFCC Asked Him To Lay Low Because Of Hushpuppi
Church Tries To ”Resurrect” Man Who Reportedly Died In His Sleep In Delta (Video)
N8 Million Bribe: I Acted As Debt Collector For Hushpuppi – Abba Kyari Reveals
Man Caught While Writing Exam For His Girlfriend, Dressed As A Woman
Singer, Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire At 33, Reportedly Worth $1.7 Billion
“I’m Not A kidnapper, I’m A Legitimate Businessman” – Kidnap Kingpin, Evans Tells Court
“I knew My Victims Worth From Their Looks” – kidnap Kingpin Evans
BBNaija: “Cooking And Sweeping Aren’t Survival Strategies, I’m Just Being Myself” – White Money
BBNaija: “You Are Going Nowhere Dude” – Actress, Destiny Etiko Declares Support For White Money
“Tega’s Husband Is Giving Us More Content Than Tega” – Nigerian Lady Says Most Shine Ya Eye Housemates Are Giving Boring Content In The House
BBNaija: “My Husband And I Have The Understanding To Do Anything But knacking” – Tega (Video)
Mixed Reactions As Angel Is Seen On Camera “Scratching Her Inner Thigh” (Video)
“My Guy Is Staying, He Is Just Too Real” – Actress, Funke Akindele Writes As She Drums Support For White Money
BBNaija: “I Really Love White Money, Confusion Made Me Nominated Him For Eviction” – Maria
BBNaija: Angel’s Tweet Bragging About Sleeping With A Rich Man Till He Becomes Poor Resurfaces
Fire Guts Building In Prophet TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church During His Candlelight Procession (Photos/Video)
“No Be Everybody Go Pass” – Nigerian Lady Displays A Happy Mentality After Failing Bar Exams
Profiles Of The Big Brother Naija 2021 Female Housemates (Photos)
More Photos From The Lying-In-State Of Late Prophet TB Joshua
“My Life Is In Danger, Some Boys Want To kill Me Over A Movie I Produced” – Actress, Evan Okoro Cries Out (Video)
“Celebrate Me While I’m Still Alive” – Sound Sultan’s Last Instagram Post Sparks Sad Reactions (Video)
Obi Cubana’s Mum’s Burial: Actor, Kanayo O.Kanayo Shows Off The Bundles Of Money He Is Going To Spray (Video)
“Daddy Did It With Me For 5 Years” – Excited Nigerian Lady Writes As She And Her Father Complete Their Final University Exams (Video)
”If We Truly Are Christians, Every Church Should Have Sent A Delegation” – DaddyFreeze Reprimands General Overseers Who Did Not Attend The Burial Of Late Prophet TB Joshua (Video)
Obi Cubana Reveals Why Some People Where Not Invited To His Mother’s Grand Funeral Ceremony
Singer, Small Doctor Shares Last WhatsApp Chat With Sound Sultan As He Mourns Him
BBNaija: Meet The First BBNaija Housemate, Boma To Be Verified After 24 Hours In The House
“Stop Hating And Celebrate God’s Grace In His Chosen One” – Obi Cubana’s Wife, Ebele Iyiegbu, Responds To Horrific Comments About Her Husband’s Wealth
Tears As Body Of Late Prophet TB Joshua Is Buried (Photos/Video)
Viral6 months ago
Nigerian Lady Lies To Her Boyfriend That She Was Home, Turns Out She Was At A Hotel With A Man
Entertainment6 months ago
“I Remind My Daughter Everyday That I’m Not Her Father” – Actor, Bolanle Ninalowo
Entertainment6 months ago
Top 10 Richest Nollywood Actresses In Nigeria, Their Cars And Net Worth
Viral5 months ago
“When You Die, You’ll Face 2 Judges” – Mad Man Makes Surprising Revelation While Preaching The Gospel (Video)
Viral5 months ago
Touching Moment A Final Year Student Knelt Down As Boy Who Hawks ‘Pure Water’ Signed On His Shirt
Entertainment6 months ago
“I Actually Speak 7 Languages Fluently” – Actress, Mercy Johnson Reveals (Video)
Viral8 months ago
Meet 21-Year-Old Boy Who Feeds On Grass, Can’t Speak And Likes To Stay In The Jungle (Photos/Video)
Entertainment5 months ago
Simi Reacts Amid Cheating Allegations Against Her Husband, Adekunle Gold