It was a tremendous feat for Nigeria’s Tobi Amusan at the World Championships as she became the first Nigerian to win gold in the women’s 100m hurdles.
In the competition held in Eugene, Oregon in the early hours of Monday, July 25th, Tobi Amusan also broke the world record in the semifinals of the women’s 100-meter hurdles.
She first caught people’s attention after running an incredible 12.40 seconds in the first round of the game on Saturday (Sunday morning in Nigeria).
Tobi Amusan then went one step further by running an incredible 12.12 seconds in the semifinals to become the winner of that heat.
She was also the only Nigerian female 100m hurdles runner to compete in the penultimate round of the competition.
Amusan then broke her own record again in the final by running 12.06 seconds, but it was later ruled ineligible as the wind speed exceeded the legal limit.
Watch a video of the competition below,
Tobi Amusan has done it again!!!
Another World Record!!!
Nigeria’s first ever World Title!! pic.twitter.com/gjIQIWnqDi
— Optimus Maximus (@femii_p) July 25, 2022
How To Start A Successful Online Business
There is a proven sequence of steps you can take to ensure your success in starting a small business online. I’ve seen thousands of people create and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find and fill in a need.
- Write a copy that sells.
- Design and build a user-friendly website.
- Make use of the search engines to drive traffic to your website.
- Build a reputation for being an expert.
- Follow your customers and email subscribers.
- Grow your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Everyone from the novice to the seasoned online entrepreneur can benefit from this process to learn how to start an online business.
Step 1: Start A Business That Fill In A Need
Most people who are just starting out make the mistake of researching a product first, then a market.
To increase your chances of success, start with a market. The scheme is to look out for a group of people for a solution to a problem but not find any results. Social media makes this type of market research easier:
- Visit online forums to see what questions people are asking and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Do keyword research to find keywords that a lot of people are looking for but that don’t compete with other websites.
- Find out about your potential competitors by visiting their websites and making notes of what they are doing to meet the demand. Then you can apply what you have learned and create a product for an existing market – better than the competition.
Step 2: Make A Copy That Sells
There is a proven copy-for-sale formula that guides visitors through the sales process from arrival to purchase:
- Generate interest with a compelling headline.
- Describe the problem your product solves.
- Establish your credibility as a problem solver.
- You have to add testimonials from people who have used your product.
- Talk about the product and its benefits for the user.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask about the sale.
Throughout your text, you need to focus on how your product or service is capable of solving people’s problems or improving their lives. Then you think like a customer and ask “What’s in this for me?”
Step 3: Design And Build Your Website
Once you have your market and product and define your sales process, you are now ready to start designing your small business website. Remember to keep it simple. You have less than five seconds to grab someone’s attention – otherwise, they’re gone and never to be seen again. See some important tips to keep in mind HERE